The Masato Kasuga Award for Outstanding Scientific Achievement
An AASD award presented to a young investigator in recognition of meritorious accomplishments in the field of diabetes and related metabolic diseases in Asia.
Criteria for Selection
- Nominees have outstanding scientific achievements in diabetes-related research.
- Nominees are less than 46 years of age and are actively engaged in diabetes-related research.
- Recipients deliver the Masato Kasuga Award Lecture at the annual Scientific Sessions.
- The Award lecture will be published in the Journal of Diabetes Investigation (JDI).
- Presentation of the Award at the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- The recipient receives a $5,000 honorarium, a certificate plaque, complimentary registration fees and travel expenses.
- Nominations must be submitted using the AASD Award Application Form.
- Nominations are accepted only from AASD members including AASD executive board members.
- Letters of nomination of less than 400 words and signed by three persons at most will be accepted.
- CV with nominees’ career and publication highlights (not more than five publications relevant to the prize criteria).
- Completed applications and supporting documents are submitted via e-mail before June 30th, 2014 to AASD office:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recipients are chosen by the AASD Awards Selection Committee and approved by the Executive Board of AASD.
Masato Kasuga, MD, PhD is best known for his valued contributions to our understanding of basic science and the mechanism of insulin action.