About AASD Awards
Asian Association for the Study of Diabetes (AASD) Awards are made to honor substantial contributions to the mission of AASD: Promoting Research for Better Diabetes Care in Asia. Recipients are individuals who by their outstanding leadership and career achievements in diabetes research, clinical care and education have enriched diabetes care in our region and worldwide.
The Three AASD Named Awards
- The Yutaka Seino Distinguished Leadership Award
- The Masato Kasuga Award for Outstanding Scientific Achievement
- The Xiaoren Pan Distinguished Research Award for Epidemiology of Diabetes in Asia
AASD Awards 2017 is Open for Nomination-Deadline Oct. 31st, 2016
- Nominations must be submitted using the AASD Award Nomination Form ( PDF | Word )
- Nominations are accepted only from AASD members including AASD executive board members.
- Letters of nomination of less than 400 words and signed by three persons at most will be accepted.
- CV with nominees’ career and publication highlights (The number of publication required is 10 for The Yutaka Seino Distinguished Leadership Award, and 5 for the other two awards)
- Completed applications and supporting documents are submitted via e-mail before the designated date to AASD office:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each person can recommend only one candidate for each award ( AASD Award Rule ).
- Awardees must deliver his or her lecture at the AASD Annual Scientific Meeting.
- The Award Lecture will be published in the Journal of Diabetes Investigation (JDI).
- Presentation of the Award at the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- The recipient receives honorarium, a certificate plaque, complimentary registration fees and travel expenses.
Current and Past Award Recipients
For detailed information about each award and download the forms, please go to AASD Website.
AASD office will not answer any questions regarding the selection process and result.