Current and Past Award Recipients
Award Recipients in 2013
|The Yutaka Seino Distinguished Leadership
|Graeme I Bell||The University of Chicago,USA|
|The Masato Kasuga Award for Outstanding
|The Xiaoren Pan Distinguished Research
Award for Epidemiology of Diabetes in Asia
|Wenying Yang||China-Japan Friendship Hospital,China|
- Louis Block Distinguished Service Professor in Medicine and Human Genetics, The University of Chicago, USA
- Winner of the Banting Medal for Scientific Achievement Award
(American Diabetes Association) and many distinguished awards
- The prize for his outstanding achievements in basic science which brought great benefits in clinical medicine in the field of diabetes and his great contribution to the development of diabetes society through nurturing and training scientists and students in Asian countries.
- Director of Endocrinology and Metabolism Disease Center, China -Japan Friendship Hospital, China
- Vice chairman of Asian Association for the Study of Diabetes,
- Editor-in-chief of Chinese Journal of Diabetes, Former President of Chinese Diabetes Society
- The prize for her outstanding research, especially, the recent diabetes prevalence in China, which had a great impact in epidemiology in diabetes, and her collaborative work with the late Prof. Xiaoren in Pan the field of prevention of diabetes.