The Yutaka Seino Distinguished Leadership Award
The AASD’s highest honor recognizes the lifetime achievements and exceptional contributions of an individual to Diabeteology in Asia.
Criteria for Selection
Nominees demonstrate long-term leadership in research and education to advance diabetes care in Asia. Publications and teaching experience are the primary considerations in the selection process.
- The recipient delivers the Yutaka Seino Award Lecture at the AASD Annual Scientific Meeting.
- The Award Lecture will be published in the Journal of Diabetes Investigation (JDI).
- Presentation of the Award at the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- The recipient receives a $10,000 honorarium, a certificate plaque, complimentary registration fees and travel expenses.
- Nominations must be submitted using the AASD Award Application Form.
- Nominations are accepted only from AASD members including AASD executive board members.
- Letters of nomination of less than 400 words and signed by three persons at most will be accepted.
- CV with nominees’ career and publication highlights (not more than ten publications relevant to the prize criteria).
- Completed applications and supporting documents are submitted via e-mail before June 30th, 2014 to AASD office:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recipients are chosen by the AASD Awards Selection Committee and approved by the Executive Board of AASD.
Yutaka Seino, MD, PhD is best known for his prominent contributions to our understanding of insulin secretion and incretin action and for founding and nurturing AASD.